Sometimes, a girl’s gotta have cheese. Crispy, golden, warm cheese. Cheese with a little kick. And she needs it ASAP.
I’ve made Parmesan cheese crisps before, but why should Parm have all the fun when there are so many delicious options available? I decided to give cheese crisps a whirl with some alternate flavors, and I’d call these snappy morsels a winner. (Especially after we devoured the entire bowl in one sitting.)
I made my cheese crisps with a blend of cheddar and pepper jack, and they were pretty spicy, but not intolerably hot. Feel free to play with the proportions if you like it with a little more or less heat. Here’s how to make them:
Spicy Cheese Crisps
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack
- 2 Tbsp super green powder (optional)
1) Preheat broiler to high. Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
3) Broil for 3-4 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown. Remove from baking sheet with a spatula immediately- they start to stick quickly if you’re not careful!
And that’s it!
A couple of notes:
- You could probably try this with just about any type of shredded cheese that sparks your fancy. You could also probably try different seasonings. So if pepper jack with dried green powder isn’t your thing, maybe you’d like a Mexican blend that you could dip in salsa and sour cream, or a Mozzarella/Parmesan/Italian seasoning/garlic blend that you could dip in tomato sauce. There are some ideas for you!
- You’ll notice that I didn’t use anything on my cookie sheet to prevent the crisps from sticking. These might come off easier if they were on parchment paper, but I rarely keep it in my kitchen. Feel free to try that, but make sure you watch it carefully under the broiler.
Now all you have to do is gobble them up.
(Join me on Instagram here.)