This simple slow cooker pork and cabbage recipe is quick to throw together and delicious to come back to after a day at work. It’s appealing to a broad range of tastes, and perfectly warming and comfortable on a chilly autumn or fall evening.
This post contains affiliate links.
When I was a kid, I wanted nothing to do with cabbage. Even in my college years, I turned my nose at the stuff. I remember one occasion when a family who didn’t have many worldly possessions invited us over for cabbage soup. They were so excited to share their favorite meal. I am ashamed to say that I gagged down a bowl and didn’t accept a second helping. I just couldn’t bring myself to get over the fact that it was cabbage.
However, in my adult life, I have come to embrace cabbage. I recognize it as a frugal, healthy, and tasty vegetable. I’ve learned to try things more often, and in doing so, my tastes have adjusted. Now cabbage regularly has a place at my table- and I’m so glad it does!
My children’s love of pork and my recent rediscovery of my crock pot led me to create this super easy slow cooker dinner. Even my kids had second helpings, which is unusual in our house. 😉
Here’s how to put it together:
Simple Slow Cooker Pork and Cabbage
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small head of cabbage, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2-3 cups of chicken stock, depending on how much extra juice you like
1) Place the pork in the slow cooker and rub it with the garlic, salt and pepper.
2) Add cabbage, onion, and chicken stock on top of the meat. Sprinkle extra salt and pepper on top of the vegetables.
3) Put the lid on and cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
4) Remove pork tenderloin, slice, and serve with a hearty scoop of cabbage!
That’s it! We hope you like this super simple slow cooker pork and cabbage just as much as we did. Happy cooking to you. 🙂
Want more easy chilly weather dinners? Try these recipes: