I think almost all of us could say that at one time or another, we’ve wanted to cut back on our grocery bills. However, it’s easy to fall prey to meal-planning apathy and consequent high-cost impulse buys. It’s because I have this problem frequently that I put together this list of a month’s worth of frugal meals.
This post contains affiliate links.
The following round up includes:
- 6 breakfast ideas
- 4 meat recipes
- 5 chicken meals
- 11 soups & stews, with and without meat
- 2 miscellaneous meatless mains
- 9 extras (snacks, bread, drinks, etc.)
That means that this one post has 28 meals. There. Considering that you’ll likely eat out or eat leftovers for at least a few nights, your budget-friendly meal planning for this month is DONE. Am I right?
Some of the posts have more than one meal idea (easy chicken meals on the fly, homemade cereal recipes, etc.), so you can be flexible with them. If you don’t eat meat, many of these recipes can be made with a substitution.
A Month of Frugal Meals
Eggs & Breakfast
- Grown Up Green Eggs & Ham (A Modern Homestead)
- Refrigerator Clean Out Frittata (Living Life in Rural Iowa)
- The Best Scrambled Eggs (They’re Not Our Goats)
- Wild Dandelion Quiche (They’re Not Our Goats)
- 21 Homemade Cereal Recipes (They’re Not Our Goats)
- Homemade Yogurt (They’re Not Our Goats)
- Venison Bean Hole Beans (Stone Axe Herbals)
- Corned Beef Casserole (Living Life in Rural Iowa)
- Venison Swiss Steak (Learning & Yearning)
- 12 Easy Ideas for Ground Beef (Frugal Upstate)
Poultry & Fish
- Cornish Pasties– A portable mini-meat pie that uses up leftovers. (Stone Axe Herbals)
- Lemon-Honey Chicken, Baked or Fried (A Modern Homestead)
- Tuna Noodle Casserole (Living Life in Rural Iowa)
- Easy Chicken Meals on the Fly (The Purposeful Wife)
- Roast Chicken- Slow Cooker Style (Living Life in Rural Iowa)
Soups & Stews
- Chicken Chili (Timber Creek Farm)
- Cream of Broccoli and Ham Soup $0.94/serving (Melissa K Norris)
- Bean and Ham Soup – $0.54/serving. (Melissa K Norris)
- Easy Southern Ham & Beans (Imperfectly Happy)
- Tomato Soup (They’re Not Our Goats)
- Springtime Fried Rice Soup (Stone Axe Herbals)
- Healthy & Hearty Lentil Soup (Boots & Hooves Homestead)
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup (A Modern Homestead)
- Easy Creamy Potato Soup (A Modern Homestead)
- Purple Cauliflower Soup Or make it with white cauliflower! (They’re Not Our Goats)
- Creamy Pumpkin Soup (They’re Not Our Goats)
- Cheap & Vegan Sourdough Calzones (Stone Axe Herbals)
- Simple Swiss Chard & White Bean Pasta (They’re Not Our Goats)
Snacks & Breads
- How to Make Homemade Crackers – $0.40/batch. (Melissa K Norris)
- Spicy Cheese Crisps Under $1/batch (They’re Not Our Goats)
- Easy Overnight Soaked Grain Bread (They’re Not Our Goats)
- Basic Sourdough Loaf (They’re Not Our Goats)
- Brewing Sun Tea– Much cheaper than buying the stuff. (Rabbit Ridge Farm)
- How to Make Kombucha – Pennies per batch vs. $4/bottle of storebought booch. (They’re Not Our Goats)
Condiments, Toppings, Etc.
- Dill Pickle Salad Dressing – Using leftover pickle juice, so it’s basically free! (Rabbit Ridge Farm)
- How to Grow Your Own Sprouts– pennies/batch (They’re Not Our Goats)
- Slow Cooker Italian Pasta Sauce (Boots & Hooves Homestead)
That’s it for now! What will you try first?
Like what you’re reading? Make sure to subscribe via email for homestead ideas, freebies, and deals!
This is GENIUS! I’m working on the same thing this year… thanks for the ideas! And for linking to me :).
Sure thing! I hope it’s helpful! I actually didn’t follow it this week… ha! But I am planning on scheduling from this list for next week. 🙂
What a great round-up of frugal recipes 🙂
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
I seen that you had followed my pinterest for my blog and I just wanted to say thank you! I love your blog site by the way.
Pingback: Best of They're Not Our Goats, 2017 Edition - They're Not Our Goats